Are you a homeowner or a DIY enthusiast embarking on a tile installation project? Are you searching for the perfect wall anchors to fasten your tiles in place securely? Look no further!
When fastening objects to walls, wall anchors—also referred to as wall plugs or drywall anchors—are used to add additional support and stability. They are used when the wall material, such as drywall, plaster, or tile, is not sturdy enough to support the weight of the object being mounted.
In this blog, I’ve carefully curated a list of the top three best wall anchors for tile applications.
Whether you’re hanging decorative tiles or installing functional tiles in your kitchen or bathroom, I’ve got you covered.
Best Wall Anchors for Tile – Product Review
In this comprehensive product review, we’ll explore top-notch wall anchor options specifically designed for tile installations, ensuring secure and hassle-free mounting solutions for your tiling projects.
|KURUI Conical Concrete Wall Anchors
|Bill Premium Drywall Anchors
|HongWay 370pcs Plastic Drywall Wall Anchors
|Conical Hollow Wall Anchors
|Plastic Wall Anchors
|PE Plastic and Carbon Steel
|Plastic and Zinc-Plated Steel
|Nylon and Plastic
|Brick, Concrete, Drywall, Wood
|Drywall, Wood, Concrete
|Drywall, Lime, Chipboards, Wood
|Included Drill Bits
|Anchors, Screws, Drill Bits
|Clear Plastic Box
|Sturdy Plastic Box
|Durability and Strength
KURUI Conical Concrete Wall Anchors
- Flathead design for easy installation.
- Blue color for easy identification and aesthetics.
- Carbon steel screws are galvanized for superior rust and corrosion resistance.
- PE material used for anchors provides higher strength and better resistance to rubbing and aging.
- The masonry anchors and screws kit includes 2 compatible drill bits.
- Suitable for mounting doorbells, curtain rails, pictures, mirrors, photo frames, lanterns, and more.
- Compatible with brick walls, concrete walls, drywalls, wooden walls, and more.
- Exquisite clear plastic storage box for safe and organized storage of anchors and screws.
- 100 top-notch wall anchors, 100 Philips head galvanized screws, 2 drill bits, and a sturdy transparent storage box are all included in the bundle.
- Designed to withstand extreme conditions and ensure long-lasting durability.
- High-quality material and strict processing for secure mounting and hanging.
- Ideal for drywalls, brick, concrete, wooden, stucco, and more.
- Good anchors with no issues experienced during home use.
- Great price with excellent studs and screws.
- Can be used to mount a generator outlet to brick.
- Work as they should with good quantity and price.
- Comes with a proper size drill bit.
- Able to drill into cement blocks with the anchors fitting well.
- Recommended for drywall and other applications.
- Nice to have masonry drill bits included.
- Good quality set for concrete drilling.
- Some users reported that the included drill bits were not effective and required separate purchases.
- Anchors may not hold well in cinder blocks, lacking grip and snug fit.
- The screw may shear off even with a pilot hole in the pine.
- Some users reported that the bits bent easily when they became warm.
|KURUI Conical Concrete Wall Anchors
|Check Price on Amazon
Bill Premium Drywall Anchors
- Made in Europe – Premium quality anchors and screw kit.
- Convenient box with 6 different drywall anchors and screws to meet various needs.
- Yellow, Blue, Green, and Assorted styles for home decoration.
- High-quality and eco-friendly plastic anchors and zinc-plated steel screws.
- Durable and break-resistant material.
- Screws are produced according to international standards.
- Suitable for high temperature, cold weather, and high humidity areas.
- Easy to use with an electric hammer drill and self-tapping screw.
- Ribs on both sides of the anchor stabilize it tightly in the wall.
- Anchor expands to create a snug fit and provide more holding power.
- Intended for light-duty anchoring applications.
- Offers extra support for offices or workplaces.
- Can hang mirrors, curtain rails, decorative pictures, photo frames, towel racks, and lighting.
- Applicable to wooden walls, concrete walls, brick walls, stucco walls, and drywall.
- Warranty included for customer satisfaction.
- Package Includes:
- 30 PCS of 4*25MM Flat Head Screws
- 30 PCS of 3.9*25MM Pan Head Screws
- 20 PCS of 4.5*40MM Flat Head Screws
- 20 PCS of 3.9*38MM Pan Head Screws
- 15 PCS of 5*60MM Flat Head Screws
- 15 PCS of 4.2*45MM Pan Head Screws
- 60 PCS of 6*29MM Yellow Anchor Screws
- 40 PCS of 7*32MM Green Anchor Screws
- 15 PCS of 8*34MM Blue Anchor Screws
- 15 PCS of 8*50MM Yellow Anchor Screws
- Good variety of anchors and screws.
- Convenient storage container with color coding for quick selection.
- Great value for the price.
- High-quality and durable drywall anchors.
- Anchors have strong lifting power.
- No useless small screws in the box.
- Higher quality and cheaper compared to similar products at Home Depot.
- Handy cover to keep everything organized.
- Some anchors may break easily when being installed.
- Poor quality container that doesn’t withstand shipping.
- Screws may not go deep enough into the wall.
|Bill Premium Drywall Anchors
|Check Price on Amazon
HongWay 370pcs Plastic Drywall Wall Anchors
- HongWay 370PCS Plastic Wall Anchors Kit with Screws.
- The material used for the wall anchors is plastic.
- The head style of the anchors is bugle.
- The exterior finish of the anchors is zinc for heat resistance.
- The point style of the anchors is a self-drill point.
- The metal types used in the anchors include zinc, plastic, and nylon.
- High-quality plasterboard anchors and galvanized screws for long service life.
- Includes flat head screws and pan head screws for different usage conditions.
- Anchors of different sizes have different colors for easy identification.
- 370PCS Kit includes 5 different sizes of plastic ribbed drywall anchors.
- Sturdy plastic box with 14 grids, separated by size.
- Suitable for light fixings in drywall, lime, chipboards, and wood.
- Durable plastic (nylon) construction ensures long-lasting performance and easy removal.
- Satisfaction guaranteed, 30-day return policy with no questions asked.
- Works well and is a great help for various projects.
- Convenient storage container with clear color markings for easy identification.
- Wide variety of screws and anchors included, saving time and effort.
- Good selection of all sizes, suitable for home use.
- Sturdy and secure case for safe storage.
- Screws and anchors do not strip during use.
- Good value for money.
- Strong anchors and corresponding screws.
- Useful for setting up shelves, furniture, and storage solutions.
- Anchors may not be suitable for drywall.
- Screw heads tend to strip easily, especially when drilling into studs.
- Not recommended for heavy-duty projects or mounting on studs.
|HongWay 370pcs Plastic Drywall Wall Anchors
|Check Price on Amazon
How to Pick the Right Tile Wall Anchor – Buyer’s Guide
When it comes to installing items on tiled walls, ensuring a secure and reliable attachment is crucial.
Tile walls require special consideration due to their unique characteristics and potential for damage if not properly handled.
In this buyer’s guide, we will explore the key factors to consider when choosing the right tile wall anchor.
Consider Tile Type and Material Compatibility
Different tile types, such as ceramic, porcelain, or natural stone, may require specific wall anchors to ensure a secure fit.
Consider the material and thickness of your tiles to determine the most suitable anchor type.
It’s essential to select anchors that are designed to work effectively with your specific tile material, minimizing the risk of damage and ensuring a strong bond.
Evaluate the weight and size of the object you intend to hang on the tile wall.
Choosing an anchor with an appropriate load-bearing capacity is crucial to ensure the stability and durability of the installation.
Be sure to check the manufacturer’s specifications and choose an anchor that can comfortably support the anticipated weight.
There are several types of wall anchors suitable for tile installations.
Conical hollow wall anchors are cone-shaped and designed to work with wood screws or sheet metal. They are suitable for installation in block, brick, concrete, and tile walls.
Plastic anchors are an excellent choice for tile walls, especially those with a thickness of 1/4 inch.
Whether there is a cement backer board or drywall behind the tile, plastic anchors can securely hold screws in place.
Although primarily used for brick walls, plug hollow brick anchors can also be used for tile walls.
They offer excellent resistance to corrosion and are well-suited for light-duty applications in blocks, bricks, and hollow walls.
Butterfly anchors feature wings that can spread open at the backside of the tile wall. They are available in different sizes to accommodate walls of varying thicknesses.
Winged plastic anchors offer enhanced strength compared to other plastic expansion anchors. They are cost-effective and feature wings that spread using a special tool.
Steel hollow-wall anchors can be used for both plaster walls and tile walls, providing convenience to users who require anchors for different types of walls in their homes.
Consider the ease of installation when selecting tile wall anchors. Some anchors require pre-drilled holes, while others may be self-drilling.
Consider your comfort level with installation methods and ensure you have the necessary tools and expertise to complete the process successfully.
While functionality is essential, considering the aesthetic aspects of your installation is also important.
Opt for anchors that offer a clean and discreet appearance, ensuring they blend seamlessly with your tile design.
Some anchors are available in different colors or can be covered with paint to match your wall, providing a visually appealing result.
How to Install Wall Anchors for Tile – DIY Guide
Installing wall anchors for tile can be a necessary step when you want to hang objects or fixtures on your tiled walls securely.
In this step-by-step DIY guide, I will walk you through the process of installing wall anchors for tile, providing you with the knowledge and confidence to tackle this project on your own.
Step 1: Gather the Required Tools
- Tile drill bit
- Measuring tape
- Safety glasses
- Dust mask
Step 2: Determine the Anchor Type and Size
- Use a scale or estimate the weight of the object you want to hang.
- This will give you an idea of the load-bearing capacity needed for the anchor.
- Measure the width, height, and depth of the object.
- This will help you determine the size and spacing of the anchors required to distribute the weight and provide stability evenly.
- Typically, anchors for tile walls range from 1/4 inch to 3/8 inch in diameter.
- Ensure the anchor size matches the size of the mounting holes or screws provided with your object.
Step 3: Locate the Mounting Position
- Use a measuring tape to determine the desired height, width, or distance from other objects or surfaces.
- Place the level horizontally or vertically against the wall and adjust the position until the bubble in the level is centered.
- Once you have determined the exact position, lightly mark it on the tile wall using a pencil.
- Before proceeding to the next step, double-check your measurements and the marked spot to ensure accuracy.
Step 4: Prepare for Drilling
- Put on safety glasses to protect your eyes from any debris or tile fragments that may be generated during drilling.
- Additionally, wear a dust mask to prevent inhalation of any dust particles.
- It’s crucial to use a drill bit specifically designed for drilling through tile, as regular drill bits may not be effective and can damage the tiles.
- The drill bit size should be based on the anchor size and the holes needed for the installation.
- Set your drill to a low-speed setting. Tiles are delicate and can easily crack or chip if drilled at high speeds.
- For precise drilling, you can use masking tape to create a guide on the tile surface. Measure and mark the exact drilling spot on the tape, and then apply it to the tile.
Step 5: Drill the Pilot Hole
- Place the drill directly on the marked spot where you want to install the anchor. Ensure that the drill is aligned with the center of the mark.
- Start the drill slowly and apply gentle pressure on the drill.
- It’s crucial to maintain a perpendicular angle between the drill and the tile surface.
- This will ensure that the hole is drilled straight and properly aligned.
- Maintain a consistent and even speed while drilling.
- Avoid rushing or applying too much pressure, as this can lead to overheating and potential damage to the tile.
- Drill the pilot hole to the appropriate depth, which will depend on the length of the wall anchor.
- To ensure accuracy, you can use a depth gauge on the drill or mark the desired depth on the drill bit itself with masking tape.
Step 6: Insert the Wall Anchor
- Use a brush or compressed air to remove any dust or debris from the drilled hole.
- Take the wall anchor and insert it into the drilled hole.
- Make sure the anchor is aligned properly and inserted straight into the hole.
- Apply gentle pressure as you push the anchor into the hole.
- Continue inserting the wall anchor until it is flush with the tile surface.
- This will ensure that the anchor sits evenly and securely against the tile, providing a stable base for the screw.
- To ensure the anchor is firmly in place, gently tap it with a screwdriver handle or a mallet.
Step 7: Secure the Screw
- Select a screw that matches the type and size of the wall anchor you have installed.
- Ensure that the screw is long enough to penetrate the anchor and provide a secure hold.
- Insert it into the center of the wall anchor. Align the screw with the anchor and begin turning it clockwise.
- Apply gentle pressure to guide the screw into the anchor without forcing it.
- Use a screwdriver to tighten the screw. Turn the screwdriver clockwise to drive the screw further into the anchor.
- Be cautious not to over-tighten the screw, as this can damage the anchor or the tile.
- Once you feel the screw is securely in place and the object is firmly attached to the wall, stop tightening.
Step 8: Mount the Object
- Position the object or fixture you want to mount on the wall, making sure it aligns with the installed wall anchor and screw.
- Use the specified hardware to attach the object to the wall. These may include bolts, brackets, or other fasteners designed for the specific object.
- Mount the object and level it with the wall for visual appeal. Make necessary adjustments to the mounting hardware if necessary.
Step 9: Verify Stability
- Ensure that the mounted object is securely in place and does not wobble or shift.
- Give it a firm but careful test to confirm its stability.
By following these steps, you can confidently mount your object or fixture onto the tile wall.
In conclusion, when it comes to finding the best wall anchors for tile, it’s essential to consider factors such as load-bearing capacity, anchor types, and installation techniques.
In this 2023 updated review, I have highlighted three top wall anchors that excel in their respective categories.
By selecting the right anchor type and size, you can ensure a secure and durable installation on your tile walls.
Remember to follow the recommended installation steps and use the appropriate tools for a successful outcome.
What wall anchor to use in tile?
Using a hollow wall anchor is indeed the recommended approach for mounting objects on a tile wall.
While catching a stud with each mounting screw would be ideal, it is often not feasible or practical.
Hollow wall anchors are specifically designed to provide secure support in tile walls where there is no underlying stud to anchor to.
These anchors work by expanding behind the tile surface, creating a firm grip, and distributing the weight of the object across a larger area.
How much weight can tile anchors hold?
Toggle bolts, which are commonly used as drywall anchors, are known for their high weight-bearing capacity.
They can typically support up to 50 pounds of weight when properly installed in tile walls.
On the other hand, steel hollow-wall anchors offer even greater strength and can support heavier loads.
These anchors have a weight limit of up to 100 pounds in drywall applications.
What are ceramic anchors?
Ceramic anchors are specialized components used in industrial applications, particularly in the construction and maintenance of furnaces.
Their primary function is to secure the refractory bricks that line the inner walls of the furnace to the outer shell.
These anchors are specifically designed to withstand extreme temperatures and harsh operating conditions.
Typically made of stainless steel, ceramic anchors come in various shapes and designs to accommodate different furnace configurations.
They are strategically placed and installed at regular intervals to provide structural support and prevent the lining from shifting or dislodging due to thermal expansion, mechanical stress, or vibrations.