Why are party lights essential if you are arranging a party? Well, the logic is quite simple, It is to create the proper ambiance and energetic vibes. The Poor light effect will dampen everyone’s mood at the party whereas, with adequate lighting, you’ll have the most fabulous party of all time.
We think about the led string light, rope lights, lanterns, fairy lights, and warm white led bulbs or white light whenever we talk about party decorations and good lighting for a party. The perfect lighting effect just can enhance the pleasure of the party. There is commendable party light in the market today. Here, I’ve shared a list of 10 of the best party lights, along with a buying guide.
Well, what are you waiting for? Read on this review of the best party lights and get your pick already.
Comparison of 10 Best Party Lights
Before we dive into the individual reviews of the best party lights, how about you first take a look at our comparison chart? They’re exactly similar to our reviews but much better- get what you need much faster and save yourself the hassle of having to read all through. Also, getting to know the types of party lights is also an objective here.
Top 10 Best Party Lights in 2022 Reviews
Now here are the best lights for a party. It’s time to take a look at the best party lights and multicoloured lights of 2022- get the biggest bang for your buck.
Lighting Color Mode
3.4 x 3.8 x 3.4 inches
|Nequare Party Lights Sound Activated Disco Ball Strobe Light||
3.3 x 3 x 3.6 inches
5 x 4.7 x 4.1 inches
8.2 x 5.1 x 5 inches
6.3 x 4.7 x 4.7 inches
3 x 3.3 x 3.6 inches
6 x 4.9 x 4.2 inches
5.91 x4.3 x 3.54 inches
8.5 x 4.9 x 4.7 inches
8.8 x 4.6 x 3.9 inches
1. Sound Activated Party Lights with Remote Control Dj Lighting-Best Sound Activated Party Lights
Kicking off our top 10 reviews is one among the many all-around party lights you’ll be taking a look at in our review. Here’s what it’s got in store for you:
It has a sound activation system. When it comes to sound-activated party light with remote control, you will find this option to be very versatile.
And the most striking feature of this party light is that it comes with three sound-activated modes, and they sync quite easily with the sound and offer a very extravagant effect. For this very reason, we can call it the best sound-activated party light.
It also comes with seven lighting modes as well as rotating speed controls. All of these working together will give you the best party experience.
- Remote control for easy usage.
- Voice-activated controls.
- Suitable for use in any kind of party.
- The motor is not completely silent.
2. Nequare Party Lights Sound Activated Disco Ball Strobe Light-Best Party Lights for Home
Are you looking to get the biggest bang for your buck? Well, these 2-pack party lights will definitely suit you well, If you’re looking for the best party lights for home. The Nequare party lights disco ball has three sound-activated modes and seven different color modes- definitely perfect for any party.
Moreover, With the remote control functionality, you can be able to switch the theme to match the party you’re holding. Therefore, these disco lights are safe to use.
The remote control is outstanding but not really as good as a sound-activated pair of disco lights. With the voice-activated sensors within it, it will be able to capture nearby sounds or music and change the color of the lights in correspondence with the music.
- Three different sound-activated modes.
- Seven different colors, and you can choose between solid or multicolor colors.
- Easy to use- all you’ve got to do is simply plug and play.
- They work fine but aren’t super bright.
3. Aomees Disco Light Party Lights Disco Ball LED Strobe Lights-Best Disco Lights for Party
If you’re looking for something that you can be able to use pretty much anywhere, then the Aomees dance light disco ball is definitely it, and here’s why.
Now here’s a feature you won’t get on just any party lights. Considering it comes with a micro USB connection cable, You can easily operate it with a power bank, a notebook, PC, a wall charger, or anything with a USB interface. This makes it perfect to use as home party lights.
Power and Installation
The external power supply is DC 5V. it should be safe for use by everyone, including children. As far as durability is concerned, its impact and heat resistance are definitely the best as the outdoor party lights. As a matter of fact, you can easily go for it as the best disco lights for the party.
For the usage, you can install it on the ceiling, hang it on the wall or simply place it on your floor. Because of its multifunctionality, you can use these as ceiling party lights and free up more space on the floor. It has got red, blue and green as the base colors and four mixed colors. You can also select between auto, music, or flash mode and also adjust the speed as you deem fit.
- Impact and heat resistant for utmost durability.
- USB connectivity for convenient usage.
- Multiple and mixed color modes for the best party time.
- Its response to music is a little off.
4. Litake USB Party Lights Disco Ball Strobe Light Disco Lights-Best Outdoor Party Lights
We’re nearly halfway done with our reviews and holding up quite well so far. Here’s everything you’ll be getting from the Litake party light.
This pair of party lights come with two remote controllers, which you can use to turn the lights either on or off, change the lighting modes, the rotating speed, or the sound activation mode.
The functionality is one of the major reasons why we’re calling it the best outdoor party lights. When it comes to using it, you can have it work with a PC, laptop, power bank, your wall socket, and anything with a USB port on it. It also does have a 5v power supply that deems it as a very safe to use led party light.
- 5V power supply for utmost safety.
- 7 different lighting modes for the best party time.
- Sound activated and remote control functionality.
- It’s outstanding except for the short remote range.
5. Portable Sound Activated Party Lights for Outdoor and Indoor-Best Lights for Outdoor Party
Suitable and reliable for use both indoors and outdoors, this option for the portable sound-activated party lights are definitely going to give your party the best vibe.
It is one of the most sought-after disco lights for home.
All these ensure that your party mood is always at its best. In short, you can certainly choose this option if you’re looking to go for the best lights for an outdoor party.
Being sound-activated, it will change colors according to the beat of your song. It also is self-rotating and shouldn’t be difficult to use at all.
Yet another feature to cherish on this party light is the fact that you can power it up almost anywhere. You can use your USB cable, 3AA batteries, or a 5V adapter.
- Easy installation using a suction cup.
- Amazingly portable- USB powered and small in size.
- Multiple color schemes for the best party time.
- The rotating speed is a little slow for fast dancing.
6. Comwinn Disco Lights Sound Activated Strobe Light-Best Laser Party Lights
Would you be willing to do whatever it takes to get the party mood just right? Well, I definitely would, which is why I’d recommend that you take a look at the Comwinn disco lights, and here’s why:
All you’ve got to do in order to get the party started is simply plug it into the power supply, and you’re good to go. It has got a lifespan of as much as 10,000 hours and a flexible tripod as well.
It does come with the remote-control functionality which basically gives you control over your party but even better than this is the voice control function. You can set the lights to change according to the beat of the song. There’s definitely no better way to have the ultimate party experience.
You are looking for something that you can use at any kind of party? Well, this is just it. Besides using these lights for disco parties, it serves equally well as a strobe light giving you the option of having the best strobe light for parties as well. The lighting effects have that laser vibe to them. You can create a relaxing atmosphere with a slow auto-mode or switch to the music or flash mode.
- Remote control function for easy usage.
- Its sound-activated hence does change the lights to the beat.
- Easy to use- all you’ve got to do is plug and play.
- The motor may make a slight grinding noise after some time.
7. Party Lights DJ Disco Stage Lights Sbolight-Best Party Lights for DJ
We’re past halfway with our reviews already, and we’re doing great so far when it comes to the best party light. If you’re in search of something that’s really unique, this one’s definitely it.
As far as the construction is concerned, this disco light adopts a completely new design. Discarding the tripod, which you’ll get in most party lights, this one came with a round bottom, fixed screw, and colored light.
Stable and Versitile
It is definitely a more convenient and durable design. It also boasts quality aluminum housing; hence it’s reliable for outside party lights or indoor use. This is why it’ll make a pretty good choice if you want to use these as indoor party lights.
It is also voice-activated which makes it possible for the lights to change according to the beat of the music you’re listening to. The lights can move, merge or disappear and at the same time change according to the music beat.
All in all, if you consider the overall features, then you can certainly go for it as an option for the best party lights for dj.
- Quality aluminum alloy construction
- Adjustable motor speed to suit any event
- High brightness and multiple colors for the best party experience
- It may take some time to get used to the mounting configuration.
8. DJ Lights, SOLMORE18W DMX512 RGB LED Party Lights-Best Lights for Garden Party
Are you looking for the best stage lights for your outdoor space? Here’s one that will definitely brighten up your party mood and give you a kick for your buck.
It comes with a mounting bracket, and installation is quite easy. The led lighting angle is also easy to adjust as you can mount it on a wall or ceiling. The remote control function works within 4 meters.
And this is what the best party light or bulb for the garden should have. It’s easy to set up and easier to enjoy.
It comes with three sound control modes which are the auto sound mode, the sound active mode, and the master-slave mode. Either of these will kick in depending on the type of music you’re playing.
Now here’s a design that you won’t get on just any party light. Inside of the SOLMORE18W DMX512 is a built-in fan for heat dissipation. In addition to this, the design is quite comfortable and amazingly easy to use.
Also, boasting to have the best-led party lights, it will use less power and the LED light is waterproof as well for utmost durability.
The mounting bracket is adjustable hence giving you an easy installation. This makes it possible for the Solmore party lights to hang on a wall for a livelier party.
- Durable and waterproof LED light.
- It’s easy to set up, install, use and adjust.
- Sound control lights for a better party vibe.
- It might be a little difficult to use outside since it relies on a power cord.
9. LUNSY LED Sound Activated dj Lights-Best Led Party Lights
Coming up second last on our reviews is an outstanding pair of LUNSY LED sound-activated DJ lights. Besides just having multiple color schemes, let’s take a look at what the Lunsy led lights to have to offer in terms of having a great party:
Comes with 3 different modes
Meant to give you the best experience, in any event, this pair of party lights have got three different modes for you to choose from. With the auto mode, the colors automatically change; the flash mode, on the other hand, makes the colors stroboscopic, whereas the music mode changes the colors according to the rhythm.
Portable And bright
Being a mini lamp, it weighs only 6.5oz. This makes it easy to mount on walls or screw them on the ground. In either case, the screw is not provided for you.
The lighting modes can be altered according to different scenarios. So, you can call it the best-led party lights because of the versatile nature of the lighting and control.
It has 7 different color schemes. It’s got the red, blue or green mode which can also be used individually or in combination with each other for a lively atmosphere. The multipurpose of this light combined with its portability certainly makes it a top contender among other cool party lights.
- It’s got 3 different lighting modes.
- Portable and easy to use- easily mountable and lightweight.
- Brightly colored ad multiple colored RGB lights.
- You’ll always need the remote since it doesn’t have a power switch.
10. Sound Activated Party Lights with Dj Lighting, RBG Disco Ball Light-Best Buy Party Lights
Finally wrapping up our reviews, here’s an option for Sound Activated Party Lights with Dj Lighting, RBG Disco Ball Light that will definitely suit any event. Let’s dive in and take a look at what it’s got.
With the light on/off, the adjustable light motion, fantastic strobe effects, and the rotating disco lights, you’ll be having a party like no other. Irrespective of the atmosphere you’re in, it’s definitely going to suit the event.
Multi color light modes
It should be pretty easy to choose between red, green, or blue and multicolors. All that color and effects do make it one of the best color lights for parties.
The remote-control function makes it easy to switch the party lights from the different modes. You can also change the colors, the light mode, and the motor speed. It basically allows you to change the light from a distance for a more comfortable party.
Being lightweight and easy to install disco lights, you can have them on the wall or the ceiling using the mounting brackets quite easily. Alternatively, you can place them on a party table or the floor to start the party.
In terms of the total number of features and the pricing, we believe it is safe to say that it is a potent option for the best buy party lights. Do check it out if you haven’t already.
- 3 different voice-activated music modes.
- Easy to control using the remote; you simply have to be 5 meters away.
- Easy to assemble and hang up.
- It’s a little squeaky when it rotates.
Best party lights- How to get the best?
Before we wrap it all up and call it a day, how about we, first of all, take a look at how you should go about when shopping for the best party lights?
Here’s what you should consider.
- The type of lighting effect: Most importantly, before you consider the party lights that go with music, you need to take into account the type of party you’d want to use it in. nonetheless, here are some of the most common lighting effects:
- Mirror effect lighting: Mirror balls have made it possible. It works in such a way that focused light is directed onto a rotating mirror ball. The mirror ball then sends the beams out 360 degrees.
- Flower lighting effect: yet another lighting style is the flower lighting effect. This type of lighting tends to spread the beam of light in a flower-like pattern in front of it.
- Wash lighting: this is quite a suitable choice, especially for DJ lighting, as it adds ambiance to a lighting scheme. They add soft washes of color on walls and floors and could also add bright, intense pops of color that are suitable for use with other lighting effects.
You’d want to read the next few paras if you want to have some idea on how to make lights flash to music.
Yet another thing to take into account is the type of lighting control mechanism or rather intelligent lighting. With the best lighting controls, you can be able to mix your music with the lighting scheme.
Whereas some party lights will change with the beat of the song, say the bass or the treble, others make use of a digital signal to give you utmost control over the lighting.
DMX lighting is the best example of digital signal control. You can do as much as choreographing a visual symphony to be at par with any music that meets your personal needs.
Also, check out the longevity. The lights will not be any good if they’ll blow in the middle of your party, right? As far as longevity is concerned, it is quite difficult for you to know what to go for. Nonetheless, here below are the most common criteria you should consider:
How to hang party lights on the patio
Are you trying to hang on the best outdoor string lights or the led disco light?
There are different Outdoor string light patterns that you could employ based on the event and your lighting mode DIY approach.
After settling for a particular patter, here’s what you should do:
- First of all, measure your space and draw a sketch of the layout you’d like to have
- Attach a hook to one end of your pole, which should act as an anchor to which the string will attach.
- Secondly. Mix quick-dry cement in a clay pot and place the pole in it while it is still wet.
- Find something to center the pole as it dries up. You should do it with all the poles you’ll be using regarding the pattern you’ve settled with
Difference between indoor and outdoor lighting.
Is it possible to use indoor party lighting for outdoor lighting? Well, anyone can use party lights for both outdoor and indoor lighting. Outdoor string light or Dj light is always a good option to settle for fairy light. It is exclusively great for either indoor or outdoor use.
The main difference between the two is basically the amount of light that either gives out.
For indoor party lighting or house party lights, you don’t have to go for something that gives out a lot of light since you can be able to control the lighting inside the house, right?
In the case of outdoor lighting, you’ll have to go for a system of lighting that gives out more light, and doing otherwise will make it difficult to see the lighting effect you intend to bring out.
We’ve already known about the best of the best party lights. Now, we should wrap it all up. I will recommend the Portable Sound Activated Party Lights for Outdoor and Indoor for its all-around performance. They’re easy to use, versatile, and easily installable in almost any place.
Most importantly, before you settle for your preferred choice, narrow down to the most important reason as to why you’d like to have the lights, then go ahead and make your purchase. Do take a close look at our buying guide, which should give you a head start on shopping for the best.
Frequently Asked Question
- How many blacklights do I need for a party?
Black lights make things glow the surface it falls. Blacklights have different wavelength light rays depending on make model and brands. If you’re to cover a corner of your party space, then just one or two lights placed opposite to each other will do the work. Thus a larger space will require more lights to cover the area.
- How to make black lights more effective?
Black lights work best around colors that easily glow on their UV or purple type light rays. Usually, all light-colored objects glow well around black lights. For making your blacklights work well, you can decorate the surrounding area with blacklight-sensitive colored decorations.
- What should be the budget for lights for a house party?
Lights for indoor parties will cost you around $80-$100. You will need one or two blacklights, depending on the size of your room. For indoors if your party room is about 50-70 sq meters, then any of the above indoor twin lights or two separate indoor lights will cover the area which will cost you around $30-$50.