It's been three weeks since my last post here, and while there are medical reasons for my absence, the truth is that I was also feeling blocked.
The beginning of the year was tough- I am shattered by the terrible current events in my birth country (both the attacks on Charlie Hebdo and the anti-Muslim hate crimes that followed make me sick and sad) and in the rest of the world. This is not a political blog, and I don't feel comfortable discussing politics here, but life and feelings and thoughts aren't as easily partitioned as blog topics.
I've been trying to get back to the blog multiple times last week, and failed each time. Yesterday, as I was perusing Pinterest, I came at this quote and this one. And I thought that this might just be my answer: I may be feeling blocked, but nothing prevents me from sharing inspiring posts from other sources- and in a larger way, to surround myself with inspiring beings.
I designed a little iPhone wallpaper as a reminder, that you can download for free below, and also compiled a few of my recent favorite links, that I thought you may enjoy as well. I'm feeling way more inspired already, and happy to be back!
DOWNLOAD: iPhone4/4S | iPhone 5/5S | iPhone 6
- I've been listening to this on repeat.
- A new-to-me blog that I look forward to reading. Already printed out the free planners.
- A closet detox cheat sheet.
- 10 lessons gleaned from 2014 for a better 2015.
- A foolproof green smoothie formula.
- 8 podcasts to follow this year.
- Easy homemade all purpose cleaner.
- Vigneta, a free, gorgeous, handmade font.
- 8 brilliant Ikea hacks.
- An interview I did for Terry's Blinds, including my top 5 design picks for this season.