Yesterday was my birthday. I had scheduled a post filled with cakes recipes but for some reason it didn't publish- oops! Prepare to salivate next week.
I debated how I should spend my birthday, and decided I wanted to do something for myself, and something for someone else. I went to a hair salon (the salon uses Hairborist products, which I highly recommend. They're organic, gentle, not tested on animals, and leave your hair silky smooth) and finally had the subtle ombré I've been wanting for ages. I had a sicilian lunch with my partner, then we drove to the local animal shelter and walked dogs. It was a beautiful, sunny day. The dogs looked so happy, and so did I.
I'll be celebrating with friends and family over the weekend, the low-key way, with crudités, a big cake, a beach fire, a piñata and some dancing to an old record player that belonged to my great-aunt.
What about you? Fun plans for the weekend? Do tell! I wish you a beautiful, sun-filled weekend.
Favorite DIYs of the week:
1. Braided Mirror DIY by Brittni Mehlhoff for Curbly
2. DIY Gemstone Bobby Pins from Tell Love & Chocolate
3. How to Make a Super Soothing Bug Bite Balm by Lindsey Johnson for Henry Happened
4. DIY Modern Pet Bowl Stand from Almost Makes Perfect
5. DIY Monogram Soap Bottles by Amy Christie for Design Mom
6. DIY Personalized Leather Keychains by Chelsea Fol for Momtastic