- Fabric stiffener
- Bowl or plate
- Shoe laces or rope
- Metallic spray paint
- Round object (such as a glass) with a circumference slightly larger than your wrist
2. Find a round object (I used a glass) that has a circumference slightly larger than your wrist. A good way to find the right object is to use one of your bracelets or bangles and try it on various glasses (or other tubular objects) until you find one that fits.
3. Twist rope on about 3 inches (better too long than too short!). Wrap the rope around the glass and mark the end point with your finger. Glue the strands together at the end point that your finger is holding.
4. Trim both ends of the rope with scissors, then glue the ends together.
5. Pour fabric stiffener into a bowl or plate, and submerge the bracelet in it. Then remove the bracelet and remove excess. Place the bracelet around the glass and let dry (mine took about 8 hours).
6. Spray paint in gold (or any color you fancy). Let dry.
Optional: once it's dry, you can add a layer of acrylic varnish to protect the paint.
7. That's it! Wear your new bangle proudly.