Happy Friday! I'm ending the week with a little DIY project. I used the same fabric stiffener as in my last DIY post, in which I officially declared my love for that product! This project is just as quick and easy as the previous one, if not easier.
- Fabric stiffener
- Fabric ribbon (any fabric will work)
- Metallic spray paint, or liquid gold leaf
- Two jump rings
- Chain, clasp and basic jewelry pliers
- Optional: clear nail polish and/or acrylic varnish
2. Use a paintbrush to apply fabric stiffener all over the ribbon. Let dry. Drying time is quite long- mine took about 10 hours.
3. Once it's dry, spray paint it in gold (or any color you fancy), or dip it into liquid gold leaf. Let dry.
Optional: add a layer of clear nail polish or acrylic varnish to protect the paint.
4. With a needle, make two holes in the bow (one on the left side and the other on the right side).
5. Attach the bow the chain. If you're not sure how to do that (it's super easy!), Kollabora has great tutorials on the basics of assembling jewelry components and findings. This video shows exactly how you should attach the bow to the chain.
And that's it! I love that it has the look and texture of fabric, yet is sturdy and holds well. Hope you'll enjoy it!