While I'm certainly not ready for summer to be over (swims in the lake! picnics! sandals!), I can't deny that the weather keeps cooling down. Early fall is usually a tricky period: we're shivering in summer dresses, but it's not cold enough yet for sweaters and boots.
I've learned from Anuschka that getting dressed is much easier if you think in terms of key items and basics, and build a solid foundation for your wardrobe. What 10 items would you pick for early fall if you were given the chance to see them magically appear in your wardrobe? I asked myself that question and here is my answer, my 10 early fall essentials.
1. Chambray dress, Target, $17
2. Fine merino cardigan, Uniqlo, $39.90
3. Madison leather satchel, Coach, $458
4. Silk blouse, H&M, $59.95
5. Rose dress, Modcloth, $55
6. Nail polish in Paparazzi and Frenzy, Chanel, $27 each
7. Indigo skinny jeans, Topshop, $80
8. Beige trench coat, Zara, $139
9. Leopard pointed toe flats, Loeffler Randall, $295
10. D'orsay flats, Madewell, $128
What about you? What are your early fall essentials? Do you have key items for transitioning from summer to fall? Would love to hear!