Confession: I don't drink alcohol. As much as I love the idea of sipping a glass of good red wine with homemade antipasti, I just don't like the taste. I'm trying to educate my palate, and can now appreciate a nice champagne or an icy-cold mojito... But still, I'd rather have something non alcoholic.
It's my birthday today, and while I don't want to force myself to drink something I don't like, I also want to be able to have a festive drink, and share it with my friends. Since I can't be the only person on earth who dislike alcohol, I thought I'd share the results of my search for recipes for delicious, refreshing, festive, non alcoholic drinks. Plus, they can easily be adapted to suit alcoholic drinks lovers as well!
1. Lavender Lemonade from Against All Grain
2. Sparkling Iced Tea Basil Limeade from USMasala (Edit: this blog is now open to invited readers only, but you can still access the recipe from this link.)
3. Watermelon Lemonade from Fearless Homemaker
4. White Peach-Lavender Soda from Emma Christensen
5. Watermelon Breeze from Skirt (photo by Kelsey Marie)
6. Orange and Mint Spritzer from Shop Cook Make
7. Roasted Peach Lemonade from The Naptime Chef
8. Sparkling Strawberry Lemonade from Eat Drink Love
9. Blueberry Mint Iced Tea from Brooklyn Atlas
10. Ginger Basil Grapefruit Spritzer from Joylicious
Oh, and rimming the glasses with some colorful rimming sugar would be the cherry on the cake.