As far as I'm concerned, I'm not ready for a tattoo (I have a VERY low tolerance to pain), so as an alternative, I opted for temporary transfer tattoos! Yes, just like those we found as inserts in bubble gums when we were kids.
You need :
1. A design
2. Printable temporary tattoo paper and a printer
3. Scissors, a sponge and a hairdryer
1. I made mine using my own flock of birds design. You can make yours either from scratch or using vector images, or you can upload a copyright free image you love! I particularily love this dandelion and birds design for a tattoo.
2. You can find printable temporary tattoo paper here or here or at many other places. I found mine at my local craft store. If you have an Inkjet printer, make sure your paper is not made for laser printers. Simply print your design on the paper.
3. Use scissors to trim away the white area around the tattoo design, peel off the clear layer of plastic, position the tattoo on your skin and wet the tattoo with warm water using a sponge, take the paper away, dry the tattoo with a hair dryer, and enjoy!
It can last up to 7 days, but mine started cracking after 4 days, so I dissolved it with baby oil.
I felt like a little girl, and it was super fun!