We are surrounded by sad things. We are surrounded by sad stories in the news, ugly concrete buildings, dead animals on the road and friends who learn they have cancer. And we shouldn't look the other way and forget.
But we are surrounded by lovely things too. We are surrounded by wonderful books, kids playing together, flower blossoms and people laughing. And we shouldn't forget them either.
This blog is dedicated to all the lovely things I see everyday. Of course, they won't end wars and cure illnesses, but they may make us happy, make us think, love, discover. Most of them will be material things, and I'd like to share the poem "Ode to Things" in which the Chilean poet Pablo Neruda tells his attachment to the things of the material world :
I pause in houses,
streets and elevators,
that I secretly covet;
this one because it rings,
that one because
it's as soft
as the softness of a woman's hip,
that one there for its deep-sea color,
and that one for its velvet feel.
To celebrate my first blog post here, I expanded my imaginary wardrobe with items matching my blog colors... Can you tell I'm longing for summer ?
- Show me sunshine paisley pocket dress here - $56.99
- Knitted Taupe Short Boxy Cardigan here - $70
- Yellow tea rose tiered dress here -$56.99
- Yellow crew neck cardigan here - £35
- Sunglasses here - $39.90
- White O'Clock watch here - $40
- Brogue ankle boots here - £25
- Canvas trainers here - $36
- Ballerina shoes here - £30
- Lemon quartz 14K yellow gold earrings here - $85
- Yellow Wren earrings here - $70
- Freshwater pearls post earrings here - $25
By the way, my blog has been designed by the amazing Designer Blogs. They are really nice to work with, and they make the loveliest blog templates!